While the increasing popularity of Web2.0 and in particular folksonomies
has lead to a vast quantity of tagged data, the resource retrieval is limited by them being agnostic to the meaning (i.e., semantics) of the tags. Our hypothesis is that by enriching folksonomies with formal semantics extracted from online ontologies
the content retrieval of folksonomies can be significantly enhanced.
is a technique
that performs automatic enrichment of folksonomy tags with semantics extracted from online ontologies and other background resources (e.g., thesauri)
- 11-09-09 | Results on FLOR experiments were accepted as a full paper in ASWC 2009
- 01-06-09 | Results on FLOR experiments were accepted as a poster in K-Cap 2009
- 02-06-09 | FLOR demo will be presented at ESWC'09
- 24-02-09 | FLOR demo accepted for presentation at ESWC'09
- 07-11-08 | FLOR was published in the proceedings of ISWC'08 (Doctoral Consortium) and received a honourable mention award
- 02-06-08 | FLOR presented at Collective Semantics Workshop
- 19-05-08 | Current version of FLOR web site finalized.
- 14-04-08 | FLOR paper accepted for presentation at ESWC'08 in the Collective Semantics Workshop
Last Update: 19-10-09